Why you need a diligent and dedicated attorney after you get in to a car, motorcycle, bus or truck accident:
Getting in to a motor vehicle accident and the aftermath can be a very stressful experience. In addition to the obvious problems of your car being damaged (sometimes to the point of being inoperable) and injuries to your person or to loved ones, you have to deal with insurance company adjusters calling you (either your own or another driver's carrier, or both). Dealing with these companies without an attorney is not a good idea because they will not offer you the maximum amount of money that may be owed to you. Instead, they will scrutinize your medical records, automobile damage reports and any statements that you may have made after the accident, in an attempt to pay you the least amount of money they can get away with. The insurance companies will always be looking out for their best interests and not yours, so it is important to retain counsel as soon as you can after getting in to a car accident. On average, people injured in a car accident and who hire a competent personal injury attorney, receive 3.5x more money versus those who do not.
What Malek Legal will do for you:
Malek Legal will advocate for your interests and ensure that you are awarded the most amount of money possible for your injury claim. We will ensure that you are treated fairly during the whole negotiations for settlement process by the liability insurer and will also ensure that you have access to medical care during your recovery process (even if you do not have health insurance). If you feel it is necessary, this office is prepared to connect you with several of the areas best healthcare providers for the treatment of your injuries. Whether you are in need of an orthopedist, hand specialist, pain management doctor, chiropractor or physical therapist, we make sure that you get the treatment that you need. In most cases, the healthcare providers that we connect you with will agree to provide you medical services on an "assignment and authorization" basis, which means that you will not owe them any money up front, but will pay them for their services from the proceeds of the settlement you receive (or judgment if your case goes to trial). In the event an insurer offers you an unfairly low amount of compensation in the settlement of your claim or denies your claim outright, Malek Legal will file a lawsuit on your behalf and aggressively pursue your rights at trial. The best part is, there is no up front cost to you and won't owe us a penny, unless we are successful in recovering money for you.
6 important things to do immediately after you get in to a car accident:
1) Do NOT move the cars after the collision. If you must move them for the purposes of safety (i.e. you are in the middle of a highway), take pictures of how they are oriented before doing so.
2) Call the police and report the accident so that they can take arrive at the scene, take witness statements and prepare a report. Even if your collision is considered "minor," you should still call the police so they can at least arrive at the scene and execute an insurance information exchange.
3) Take pictures of the damage to the cars involved in the accident, as well as the scene of the accident with your phone (try to take photos which reflect the positions/orientation of the cars as they collided). Make sure to take a picture of the other driver and his/her license plate (in case he or she drives off while you are waiting for the police to arrive on the scene).
4) Obtain the names and contact information of any one who is near the scene of the accident and who witnessed what happened.
5) Report the accident to your insurance carrier immediately. If possible, ask the other person to call their insurer while you are standing at the scene of the accident with them and obtain a claim number.
6) Call Malek Legal, LLC at (301) 340-9000 to set up your initial consultation.